Replacement uPVC Windows and Double Glazing
Replacing the windows in your home can be a daunting task. You may obtain quotes from several different suppliers, but comparisons are difficult because not all windows and installation services are the same.
Our windows are inspired by the buildings and environment around us. Our designs are flexible, versatile and created to suit new-age styling and period properties alike. What’s more, all our products undergo rigorous tests to ensure they offer the highest quality, durability and reliability. You will be confident that your windows and doors will stay beautiful for longer and require little maintenance.
All our windows are made to measure. We utilise various hardware and glass options so windows can be personalised to your preference.
We offer three types of window to suit any type of property:
- The most common type for residential properties is the “open-out casement” window.
- High-rise appartments or business properties often require “tilt and turn” windows to maximise light and safety.
- “Vertical sliding sash” windows are an elegant alternative which are often used in older buildings to maintain the original charm.
We also install secondary glazing; a ‘second window’ placed behind an existing one. These are often installed to reduce noise and improve energy efficiency when modern double glazing is not an option e.g. in a listed building. They can even be installed alongside modern double glazed windows in properties beside a main road, airport or railway to further reduce outside noise. Few of our competitors offer secondary glazing as an option.
All our window frames offer the following features:
- internal glazing
- multi-chambered, virgin uPVC profiles
- virtually invisible low-line gaskets
- superb thermal insulation and sound-proofing
- Pilkington S4 high-performance argon gas glass units
- security hinge-protectors fitted to all openers
- stainless steel friction hinges
- bi-directional excalibre claw-locks
- auto-locking handles with push button release
- 1" overnight lockable vent position
- 90° easy-clean fire hinge to all side-hung openers
Window Frame Colour
The most common white profile brightens any home. Our rosewood and golden oak profiles introduce a wood grain effect courtesy of their highly durable foil coatings. Both finishes are available ‘on white’ giving a white finish inside of the property but a wood grain outside. All coatings come with a 10-year guarantee.
Internal Bead Option
All our windows require an internal bead which secures the glass in the frame while adding a unique look to the inside of the window. We normally install the decorative bead – most people’s first choice. However, you can choose from any of the 4 beads at no extra charge.
(Please note that our 2800 suite is only available with its own decorative bead which mirrors the outer frame.)
All our windows use Pilkington energiKare glass. It reduces the amount of heat lost through your windows while allowing more heat from the sun in. This effect is known as “solar gain”: the windows are efficient and will save your energy costs.
Most windows need clear glass but obscure glass can be fitted to bathrooms and other rooms requiring privacy.
Other glass options include georgian bars and lead designs. Note that we are able to position the Georgian bars on the inside of the double glazed unit, avoiding any build-up of dirt and making cleaning easier.
For more information, please
Window handles are available in a choice of seven finishes.